The day before I:
* Double check I have the address/es of where I am shooting and I know how to get there - I print this information and put it straight into my camera bag the night before
* Double check I have contact numbers for everyone who is involved (I request this in the planning stages of the shoot and put them straight into my phone)
* Charge all my camera and flash batteries, clean all camera lenses, count to make sure I have all my memory cards
* If it is a particularly long shoot, I also make sure my macbook pro is completely charged
* Put at the door any props/extra things that I was planning to take to the shoot
The morning of the shoot I:
* Check my email for any last minute updates
* Check the weather to see if everything is a-okay!
* Format all my CF cards, put them straight back in my camera bag
* Pack all my equipment and double check that everything is there; including spare batteries, at least two lenses, battery charger and card reader for my laptop
* Pack everything in my car, triple checking in my head that I haven't forgotten anything (camera, two lenses, camera extras, laptop, card reader, props, etc, etc) while I'm putting it all in the boot
* To reassure myself I like to think that as long as I have at least one memory card, my camera with a full battery and one lens, I can shoot anything!
What I wear:
I personally am a dress-girl, you will almost always see me sporting a floral dress any time and weather of the year. When you go to a shoot, you want to wear something you are comfortable in, something you can move in and preferably something with pockets to put memory cards and lens caps. As for shoes, I always wear flats or flat boots - just because they are comfortable and thinking about being in pain is the last thing I want to do when I'm taking photos. Even when I'm shooting a wedding I wear pretty flats, they still look good plus they are way more comfortable than heels.
Hopefully you found this all just a little bit helpful! This is what I pretty much go by every time I have a shoot, it may not work so much for you because we all have our own way to get ready, but hopefully (if anything) it will give you some ideas!